Friday, October 25, 2013

The Great Scenes # 63: Psycho (1960)

Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

I looked it up and I can't believe it took THIS long for me to features one of the most famous scenes in the history of cinema. Since I'm featuring all horror movies this month, it couldn't be better timing. This is probably one of the most extraordinary examples of filmmaking especially during a time when explicit violence and nudity in mainstream American cinema is considered taboo. I recently revisited Psycho and it's amazing how it holds up. Alfred Hitchcock is not called "The Master" for nothing. 

1 comment:

Outcast said...

Just an amazing film with a truly iconic scene, I love how the actress was considered the main draw for the film yet her character was killed off so quickly into the film!