Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Typhoon Haiyan

 
 
This is somewhat off-topic from my blog but I think it's important. Earlier this month, my country was hit with the strongest typhoon on record, Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda in the Philippines). It has, to date, killed way over 5,000 people and devastated millions of lives. Now, my city wasn't directly hit. We only got a bit of wind and rain. Nothing serious. But people in the islands down south weren't so lucky. This short film I posted here was taken by an American (I think) storm chaser who was chronicling the typhoon from Tacloban, the province that experienced the worst of the typhoon. I've personally experienced my share of typhoons, even strong ones. My house was built as typhoon-proof but I don't think it would have survived unscathed if we had been directly hit. This was shot from a hotel, one of the nicest ones in that area and even they experienced floods and damaged roofs. So if you haven't already, do try and help out. Thank you. 

1 comment:

Outcast said...

This video is just incredible buddy, I've already donated five pounds to relief but it doesn't feel like enough. I'm worried because I haven't heard from my blogger friend Mai since the typhoon, extremely worried about her, thoughts go out to you all.