Friday, August 12, 2011

The Great Scenes # 2: WALL-E (2008)


Directed by Andrew Stanton

PIXAR has made a lot of great films (the Cars movies, an exception) and every one of them have great scenes. Probably the greatest, most artistically accomplished one is none other than WALL-E. A film about the sweet romance between two sentient robots, this scene encapsulates everything that's wonderful about this film. It's funny, it's visually spectacular and oddly moving. It's definitely a surprise that a film about robots could be also the most human.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like WALL-E, I'm too old for it...

Anonymous said...

Not a big fan of this king of movies, but I liked this one. :D

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Wall-E is my favorite Pixar film of all time, and that says a lot.

Ting Kubby said...

Still yet to see this, pixar is awesome though.

Thomas Duder, Author of the Things said...

Oh GOD, you want to see a grown man squee just let me watch this movie.

I fucking squee each time, this is SUCH a delightful movie!

The ending sequence is what gets me, when Eve has to save Wall-E's...er...

Nevermind, I won't spoil this. Won't talk 'bout it. Just watch it if any of you haven't yet~!

Styron said...

still have to see wall-E, loved up!

Bersercules said...

I forgot about this movie! Gonna have to go watch it!

Diego Sousa said...

wall-e is the best!

tracirz said...

Love WALL-E! It's one of my favorite movies that's been released in like the last 5 years :D

Bart said...

this movie was mind numbing, have never been able to watch it in its entirity

Admin said...

Definitely do a part 3.

Uruj said...

Wall-e is a nice movie. I just wanted to ask you if you've posted something related to War movies like Braveheart or 300