Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Great Scenes # 56: Happiness (1998)

Directed by Todd Solondz

This is probably one of the most uncomfortable scenes featured in this blog series of mine. This is the final scene in the very darkly comedic film Happiness about a family of three sisters and the people surrounding them including a pedophile suburban dad and a sex-hating murderous woman. It is very dark yet also wickedly funny. People think the title is ironic but I disagree because of the last scene. This final scene is where someone actually experiences happiness: Albeit it's that of a young boy cumming for the first time. 

1 comment:

Outcast said...

Decided after reading your synopsis that I'm going to avoid watching the scene and add it of my list of films to watch, in fact I'm going to go and genuinely download it right now, next time I'm free a minute I really want to watch it, maybe as my Sunday viewing, it's right up my street by the sounds.