Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Great Scenes # 12: Notorious (1946)

Directed by Alfred Hitchcock

Director Alfred Hitchcock is often referred to as "The Master" for the simple reason that he is. He has made tons of great scenes, some very famous and iconic. I do absolutely love a lot of his films, my personal favorite would have to be Notorious. It's a very tense thriller but also one of the most romantic films ever made. It's about a government agent (Cary Grant) who falls in love with a recruit (Ingrid Bergman) tasked to seduce and marry a Nazi (Claude Rains). If you haven't seen this film, I strongly suggest avoiding playing the video above so you won't be spoiled. This is the climax of the film, the famous stairway sequence.

10 comments:

A said...

Not going to watch, I've been meaning to see this film for a long time.

Adam said...

Never seen Notorious

neatfit said...

Epic final scene, I think the whole is thing worth not one, but two watches.

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Notorious is in my top 3 Hitchcock movies, great pick.

Anonymous said...

Great scene!

Mark said...

Psycho remains the only Hitchcock movie I've seen, and my sexually aggressive English teacher killed it for me.

Anonymous said...

I like the scene.

Enigmatic Vapor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Biff Tanner said...

I'd say It's a 7 out of 10 for Hitchcock.

Outcast said...

This is an excellent scene. Hitchcock (while an absolute genius) is sometimes hit or miss for people but I find this absolutely amazing like the majority of his films.